Remodel planning helps you consider what you own, what you want to do in the space, and how you want things to function so that your remodel gives you the house you want.
Why Plan Your Remodel with a Home Organizer?
Architects, builders, and designers deal with a house or rooms when they’re empty. As an organizer, I’m in the kitchens, closets, entryways, and garages when they’re full and not functioning. Adding square footage and storage does not mean a house will work better. Remodel planning considers who will live in the house, how you’ll live, and what is used and stored there.
What Is Remodel Planning?
Depending on where you are in the process, we may do any or all of the following:
- Discuss why you want a remodel and what you hope it will do for you and your space.
- Create Wish and Do Not Want lists.
- Inventory your things and consider whether you need additional space, additional storage, or different types of storage.
- Meet with your architect, builder, cabinet maker, interior designer, or other home professionals.
- Draw plans.
- Review your blueprints to ensure you’re getting what you want from the remodel and how the decisions you make will impact form and function.
- If you’re doing a major remodel that requires relocating, I may help you organize your move out of your house and back in again after the remodel is complete.
I’m here to help with all of your remodel planning needs.
When Should We Work Together?
- Remodel planning can begin before you’ve met with an architect, builder, or interior designer. This saves you money and time because you don’t have architectural and design firms making plans based on a general solution or what most people want. Our work together will help them design a home based on what you know you need and what you need to store.
- If you’ve already had plans drawn up, it’s not too late. We can review their general drawings of where your closet, cabinet, island, etc. will be and determine what modifications you need or draw up new plans.