Summer makes it more likely you’ll be having guests come to visit. Your guest room may only be used two weeks a year, but summer probably makes up at least one of the weeks, with winter break holding court for the other.
I’ll write in another post about how you can make your guest room multitask so that it’s not wasted space for much of the year. Today, though, I want to offer you a list of things you can include in your guest room so it’s nicely organized for visitors:
- Bed – Big enough for two adults to sleep in.
- Linens – Clean and soft.
- Plenty of pillows
- Towels – Bath towels, hand towel, and extra wash cloths.
- Extra blanket – Okay, in Texas this might be ridiculous, but if you’re visiting say, the desert, it gets cooler at night and an extra blanket might actually come in handy.
- Bedside table – You can use a chest of drawers for this and then you’ve got storage for guests’ clothes.
- Reading light
- Hamper/Clothes basket
- Drawers – If you don’t have an extra set of drawers to use in the guest room, a hanging canvas bin will keep your guests from having to live out of their suitcases.
- Clothes hangers
- Mirror – Full-length is nice, but even a tabletop or hand mirror is helpful when someone’s got to put on make-up and there aren’t enough bathrooms to go around.
- A Table and chair or desk is nice, and especially easy if your guest room is multitasking as a home office. Paper, pens, and a power strip for a charging station would all be great here.
And, in case your guests forget:
- Toothbrush and Paste
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Disposable razor
- Body wash or nice soap
- Brand new bath puff
- Robe – They’re so big to pack but it’s sure nice to run to the bathroom without worrying about being properly dressed.
You can do all sorts of other things to prepare for guests, but the list above should get your guest room organized with the basics. For some more ideas, see the related articles below.
If you would like decluttering, organizing, or design help from spaceWise, call 512-591-8129 to get started.